Monday, April 18, 2011

Ready for Easter, Part 2

I went to Trader Joes and got most of my Easter candy there. They had peanut butter cups in milk and dark chocolate (but without the artificial stuff in the name brand) as well as Tummy Yummy Bunnies. I bought a few other kinds of chocolates and I think I'm all set with more than enough sugar to get through the holiday. In case you missed my earlier Easter post, I really like Surf Sweet Jelly beans. I usually get them at my health food store and I think they taste a little better than Trader Joes'.


I also made the trip because we had another birthday party. I picked up a package of mini chocolate cupcakes with butter cream icing to take with me. That's what my daughter ate while the other girls had pink frosted cake and fruit punch.

I bought an egg decorating kit (at another store) where you can melt the little sleeve around the egg. If I get my False Indigo to take off in the garden this year, maybe next year I'll have some interesting natural colors to play with. Decided I'm spending too much time getting my garden going to work on natural egg colors this year.


Happy Spring!

5 comments:

mom said ... said...

We just bought some goodies yesterday for Easter at Whole Foods. I need to look for a health food store closer to home. I would love to learn how to make natural candies.

Holly said...

I bought a natural easter egg dye kit online last week. I'm hoping it gets here in time to use it on Saturday or Sunday. It's called Eco-eggs. The dye is made from plant, fruit, and vegetable extracts!

Unknown said...

Started to research a dye free diet for the family and got a lot of good info here....thanks! I can't wait to start. What do you think about caramel color?

Kelly said...

No Whole Food OR Trader Joe's here :-( I was able to score some Florida's Natural snacks and some dye-free lollipops at Aldi's though. I'm sending my husband on a hunt for jelly beans today. If we don't find them, the kids will survive but I could swore I had a package in the back of the cupboard that has mysteriously vanished...

food dye diaries said...

I response to those who can't find dye free candy, you can buy candy online (try www.surfsweets.com/buy.php or just look on amazon).

In response to questions about carmel color, I'll do a new post about that.