Saturday, October 11, 2008

those little shining moments

It was a beautiful afternoon yesterday. The sun was shining and my children played happily outdoors. They came right when I called, they helped each other, they used polite words, they said "OK" to me or "You got it Mom." All three of them! Ben actually gave up his swing for his brother. They took turns on everything from throwing the ball for the dog to climbing rope on the playset. I got help preparing and cleaning up dinner. Ben scooped the dog doo doo without me saying anything. I didn't even know he had done it. Lindsey stayed at the dinner table for a whole meal without any negative behavior. She even ate seconds.

These are the beautiful moments that happen more easily when nobody has any food dyes. Life is just better when there's no petroleum in the diet.

No comments: