Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Effects of food dyes again!

BIG SIGH..... here we go again. Guess who's having the most reaction to dyes this week--me. I get on my kids about this stuff so often you'd think I would learn my lesson. It was the last baseball game of the season (thank goodness!!!) and the coach brought cupcakes for everyone. You know, the dark blue frosting with a zillion little sprinkles all over them. So it was obvious Alex was going to pass on them due to too many forbidden ingredients (dyes, wheat, soy, milk, etc.). so while my son wondered off to throw a ball and distract himself like the good little boy he is, I was passing out cupcakes to the rest of the team. I had icing all over my fingers when I was done and, being at the baseball park where they don't happen to have an extra sink or napkins, I licked it off. I've been grumpy and yelling a lot more easily ever since. I have felt a whole lot less patient the past 2 days. It should be worn off tonight.

3 comments:

Violets said...

(((hugs)))
It's the hair that gets me...I inadvertently get some poison or other in my hair, which of course gets into my mouth, and then I'm snuggling a heating pad for half of forever. And grumbling about why I always seem to end up helping with food...

Mom4Change said...

You are proving that it's not just a kid sensitivity. I feel the same way when I eat this stuff. My sister called me and told me that she drank something with red dye in it and afterward she was irritable and angry over things that she normally has a lot of patience for. She found herself getting snappy with her 8 year old and feeling very angry. It makes me wonder how many people are getting into arguments and fights with their spouses or friends just because they ingested some of this stuff. It should be renamed to evil red dye! Ha ha.....

food dye diaries said...

Thanks for the comments. It's nice to know I'm not the only one, but I sure wish more families knew about it. I've wondered for a long time how much violence and child abuse is affected by food dyes. For now I guess I'll keep blogging away and hope word of mouth keeps spreading.