Thursday, January 22, 2009

darn that red chapstick

We've been doing really well for the most part. But once again Lindsey is on the downward spiral with yelling, hitting and spitting at times this week. Dinner times have been a struggle and she has spent more mealtime in time out than at the table. I think it's the red chap stick she was smearing all around her mouth the other day. She pulled it out of a drawer and put it on when I was busy doing something. I'm guessing she ate a little since it was strawberry. Well, maybe now I've finally got all the red dyes out of the house.
On the other hand, Ben has been great about avoiding dyes in any form and he is really doing great. I can't remember the last time he had any complaint about homework. He reads at least 30 minutes daily and enjoys it. He practiced piano today without any reminder. He was surprised when I reminded him how he used to tantrum and say that he hated piano. He can't believe that he wanted to quit. I can't even describe what a relief it is that his tantrums seem to be a thing of the past.

No comments: